Friday, October 10, 2008

Why Are We Talking About This?

I have stayed away as of late because I am just too emotionally invested in this election. I can say though that Sarah Palin asking who is Barack Obama pisses me off to the nth degree. Who is she? Where in the h*ll did she come from? But this thing with Ayers is killing me. Because for one who investigates their friends? I was very surprised to find out that one of my best friends for the last 7 years has been married 3 times. Then there are those things in my past I plan to take to my grave with me. My mom, who was just one of the best people I have ever known, told us when she found out she had brain cancer that she had already prayed to God to let her take certain things to her grave. So we may as well not be looking for her to blurt out some secret when her mind goes. Who would have thought she had any secrets she needed to take to her grave?

Bill Ayers has made a complete turn in his life. This is a case of throwing out the baby with the bath water. Has no one thought of the consequences to this man's life? He has done very good works and became a very productive member of society and somehow an aquantance with him makes you un-American? This is a person with feelings there are going to be consequences to him. Today I saw this letter posted on the web:


As the lead federal prosecutor of the Weathermen in the 1970s (I was then chief of the criminal division in the Eastern District of Michigan and took over the Weathermen prosecution in 1972), I am amazed and outraged that Senator Barack Obama is being linked to William Ayers’s terrorist activities 40 years ago when Mr. Obama was, as he has noted, just a child.Although I dearly wanted to obtain convictions against all the Weathermen, including Bill Ayers, I am very pleased to learn that he has become a responsible citizen.Because Senator Obama recently served on a board of a charitable organization with Mr. Ayers cannot possibly link the senator to acts perpetrated by Mr. Ayers so many years ago.I do take issue with the statement in your news article that the Weathermen indictment was dismissed because of “prosecutorial misconduct.” It was dismissed because of illegal activities, including wiretaps, break-ins and mail interceptions, initiated by John N. Mitchell, attorney general at that time, and W. Mark Felt, an F.B.I. assistant director.

William C. Ibershof
Mill Valley, Calif., Oct. 8, 2008


Isn't Mr Ayers behaving in a way that we want all people who have made mistakes to? He has rebuilt his life and he is doing it by helping others. Mr. Ayers' work in Education has probaly already impacted a child to the degree that they will not make the choices he made. Working with our youth and elderly has lasting positive impact.

It is time to move on. Lets get to how to fix this mess of our economy, healthcare system, education system and the wars we are in. I am however willing to entertain anyone who can tell me a few things:


1 How will this relationship impact an Obama presidency?


2. What exactly will Obama do as president because of Mr. Ayers?


3. Where will congress be when Obama starts doing these things?


4. How many of your friends and co-workers have you done a background investigation on?

Ok #4 is just for me.

No comments: