Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Salad a Day

OK last year this time I was dieting. I was eating very well and exercising but was losing weight slowly. I told myself that it was best all the while I really really wanted to get this weight off! Then in August I went on vacation. Although I continued to eat well and exercised I never really got back to the diet. Then, in October my knee started to hurt and the exercise started to lapse then Christmas, my birthday, valentines day, any day everyday happened and I never ever got back into my routine. I told myself every week that next week would be it but here I am a whole year later only 5 pounds lighter than I was this time last year. So this time I am starting TODAY on a Wednesday not next Monday. My first feat is a salad each and everyday. Not the lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad restaurants call a “garden” salad. I mean a health boosting, great tasting, not your everyday salad kind of salad. So here is today’s installment:

Spring mix
Boiled egg
Blueberries
Mandarin oranges
Red pepper slices
Green pepper slices
Red onion
Cucumbers
Cherry tomatoes
Blue cheese
Half roasted bone in chicken breast warmed
No dressing.

I would love to hear your thoughts for a great salad. Or how you decided today is the day!

No comments: