Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sense of Humor

This article about President-elect Obama's sister Maya reminds me that having a sense of humor is a good thing. This passage where she talks about her grandma gave me a good laugh and made me feel much better:


Dunham, whom Obama called Toot (a form of Tutu, the Hawaiian word for "grandparent"), never showed self-pity or fear as she faced the end of her life, Soetoro-Ng writes. But Dunham could be wickedly funny. "When she saw the number of flowers that had been sent to her," Soetoro-Ng writes, "she said, 'Oh my ... with all of this hullabaloo, it's going to be embarrassing if I DON'T die.' I gave her a chuckle and of course told her that I wouldn't at all mind such an embarrassment, and then I invited her to stay and dance with me into the New Year. She couldn't stay, but she certainly tried, and defied expectations again and again."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, I would like to know what do you think about this question:

Do you think the new administration will change/affect the balance of church and state from the way it was treated in the previous administration? How?



This is my email address:

sanlazaro33010@yahoo.com.ar


Thank you

Jucel