Thursday, September 11, 2008

WTF?

I am in Oz? Did I fall down the rabbit hole? I am trying to get through my day without more tears so I go online to read the news. And I get this:



CBS takes down McCain webad, suggests it's 'misleading'

“One of the great lessons of that campaign is the continued and accepted role of sexism in American life," Couric is quoted in the ad.
In the original clip, which aired months before Palin entered the race, Couric was talking about Hillary Clinton. The ad applies her words to Palin.


Then this:
Nasty Anti-Obama Push Poll Launched In Ohio
Two individuals in Ohio have described an identical push poll being conducted in their home state that presents Barack Obama as a quasi-radical leftist, uses inflammatory quotes from Reverend Jeremiah Wright, and offers risible interpretations of the Senator's policies on everything from sex education to abortion.


Then this:
As Campaign Heats Up, Untruths Can Become Facts Before They're Undone
From the moment Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin declared that she had opposed the infamous "Bridge to Nowhere," critics, the news media and nonpartisan fact checkers have called it a fabrication or, at best, a half-truth. But yesterday in Lebanon, Ohio, and again in Lancaster, Pa., she crossed that bridge again.
"I told Congress: 'Thanks but no thanks for that Bridge to Nowhere up in Alaska,' " Palin told the crowds at the "McCain Street USA" rallies. "If we wanted a bridge, we'll build it ourselves."


Oh and lets not forget this:

Judge warned Palin in 2005 to back off brother-in-law's job
An Alaska judge warned Gov. Sarah Palin's family against trying to get her then-brother-in-law fired, according to court records. That warning came long before the controversy over her dismissal of the brother-in-law's boss, the state's public safety commissioner, records show.

You get what you pay for or in this case vote for. No matter where you stand or who you are voting for, this should concern ALL of us. We complain about how bad politicians are but do we call them to task? How many McCain supporters have called or emailed him about the campaign he is running. If you do not then it will just get nastier and nastier every year. Soon we will be to the point where we have to censor our children from campign ads. I, for one just finished this email to Obama:


Senator Obama:
I am donating today because I am sick and tired of this mess. I want you to stick to the issues concerning this country. We are trying to save our children’s future here. Fannie and Freddie has just been bailed out the airline industry is making it known that they may need help again, the auto industry is in that line and the line just seems to get longer and longer everyday. I want you to win but we have got to do this with grace and dignity as our kids are watching us. I do not want my kids to think that winning means you take out the other guy at the knees or hit below the belt. I want them to know that winning means being honorable even when your opponent is not. I do not expect to see my hard earned money spent on nastiness. On that note let me give you my humble advice stop looking at the shinny new object it will only blind you so you cannot see where you are going. I need you to be fully in control of all of your senses from here on out. Do not even look in the direction of Sarah Palin John McCain is your oponet. You talked about running a different kind of campign so now is the time to do just that. I am going now to set my time at the phone bank and to get more voter registration packets for this weekend. I am going to do my part and I expect you to do yours. Before AND After you get elected.

No comments: